2020 Family Swimming Sessions
If you would like to book a slot please email; email@example.com, this must be done more than 24 hours before the slot. Sessions are for one family at a time, due to Covid19 distancing and cleaning that will be carried out between slots. Sessions are £20 for the hour and this cost includes the cost of the lifeguard who will be on duty. Details of how to make payment will be given when booking is made. Please consider that the pool is open whatever the weather, and if you cancel at the last minute, we are unlikely to refill the slot, but we still have to pay our Lifeguard.
Slots will be allocated in order of emails being received and may not show as booked on the calendar if the email has not been processed yet.
Enjoy your swim!! 🙂
Instructions for a Family
Summer Holiday Family Swimming – Summer 2020
- No one may enter the pool without a lifeguard present. Enter by the new gate from the footpath that leads out of the rear of the churchyard. Knock on the rear gate and the lifeguard will open it.
- Families should arrived already changed to swim as, due to COVID19 restrictions, the changing rooms will not be opened.
- Toilets will be available and these will be cleaned between families.
- Please try to limit the size of the area you sit at and use, round the side of the pool, as we will need to clean the area once you have gone.
- Please bring your own balls, floats and swimming toys. Sharing equipment with other families is not allowed under COVID rules.
- Only persons from a ‘family’ group may use the pool in one session. A ‘family is defined by – 1 or 2 house-holds who are members of the same family. The maximum number of persons allowed in the swimming pool is 12.
- Please read the ‘Pool Rules’ before you come.
- A First Aid Kit will be available. Families are requested to tend to their own minor First Aid due to social distancing being required from the lifeguard, when possible.
- If the lifeguard needs to attend to a more serious First Aid requirement they will ask everyone to leave the water whilst they are otherwise engaged.
COVID Pool Rules
These rules must be read in conjunction with the Normal Operating Procedures (NOP)
- In the interests of safety, the noise level must be minimal so that whistle signals can be heard.
- Jumping, running on or diving from the poolside is not allowed. Anyone who does not behave responsibly or courteously will be excluded.
- All children and adults should enter the water via the steps.
- No child should go into the water with an open wound or wearing nappies that are not swim nappies.
- NO GLASS BOTTLES, PICNICS or ALCOHOL can be brought into the pool complex. Children must not eat during their swimming session. Parents must ensure all waste, including swim nappies, are taken home with them.
- In an EMERGENCY the schools EAP (Emergency Action Plan) must be followed.
- No shoes with heels should be worn, as these may puncture the rubber surface, flat shoes only.
The Lifeguard can ask ANY CHILD OR ADULT TO LEAVE.
G.Kolter, Headteacher – July 2020